QuillowA quillow is a quilt that turns into a cushion for everyday use. The name derives from the American word for cushion which is pillow and as it is a quilt that turns into a pillow the name quill has stuck.
This can easily be made in a weekend, so is a great project for that last minute present.
For the instructions click
Microwave Bowl Cosy
Protect your hands and furniture from hot bowls. Place your bowl of soup etc in the bowl cosy, microwave and you can lift out a hot bowl with the cosy. Quick and easy to make, they are great for last minute presents.
2 x 25cm (10”) squares of cotton fabric (non-metallic printing)
2 x 25cm (10”) squares of cotton wadding
1. Pin each square of cotton to a square of wadding right side upper most
2. Sew diagonally across both sets of fabric and wadding in both directions
3. Fold in half right sides together and mark the fold 1” across the end and 2” down the fold, top and bottom. Draw a line between these marks and sew on these lines. Trim the excess
4. Repeat for the other direction. Sew both pieces the same way
5. Pin right sides together, matching sewing and corners. Sew around the edge, leaving a 2” gap to turn
6. Clip the corners, and turn right sides out. Pin the gap closed and edge stitch all the way round your bowl
7. Now enjoy your favourite soup, stew or porridge.
For a printable version, click here